Young Women's Cycling Camp
Escape Velocity Cycling Club and dEVo are proud to present our 2015 Young Women's Cycling Camp, starting July 20.
This program is designed to help women make the transition from bicycle enthusiast to skilled cyclist. Participants will learn about all the major road disciplines, including Track, and Road cycling skills. They will also learn the principles of cycling in a group and cycling-specific cross training.
Past program participants include:
- Jasmin Glaesser - 2 Time World Championship medalist and Olympic bronze medalist -"Whether you are looking to pick up a new hobby, get into shape, or pursue your athletic potential, this program will help you get started! There are amazing opportunities for female cyclists, you just have to jump on a bike and get rolling!"
- Jenny Lehmann - 2012 BC Road Race Champion; 2011 Whistler GranFondo Winner
- Morgan Cabot - Winner - 2012 Tour de Delta road race; 2012 Race the Ridge stage race
- Tessa Pinckston - Canada Games Medallist. Junior National Championships Medallist. Junior National Team member
All program participants will receive:
- Certification to ride the Burnaby Velodrome
- Cycling BC Citizen Licence for club races
- Personalized instruction from certified coaches
At least 18 years old
A 4-week program, running twice - weekly with 2 to 3 hour sessions. Aimed at providing an introduction to organized cycling and skills acquisition, focusing on young women.
Goals of the program
- Introduce young women to the sport of cycling
- Provide overview of basic sport concepts
- Introduction to training and basic skill acquisition required for participation in the sport
- Provide an avenue for intro to racing through joining a local club
Facilities-based, including a mixture of
- Velodrome sessions
- Group-riding skills
- Nutrition and core strength
4 week program, Monday and Wednesday evenings
6:00pm to 8:00pm
Start date: July 20, 2015 at 6:00pm
Location: at the International Hostel at Jericho Park
$150 per rider
A facilities-based program
- Burnaby Velodrome
- Community Centres
- Local Vancouver roads
Other Program Details
Guest appearances by local female elite athletes to discuss U23 cycling.
For more information about this program please contact
Lisa Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org