Young Women's Cycling Camps
Escape Velocity Cycling Club and dEVo are proud to present our 2012 Young Women's Cycling Camp, starting on August 6th.
This program is designed to help young women make the transition from bicycle enthusiast to skilled cyclist. Participants will learn about all the major road disciplines, including Track, and Road cycling skills. They will also learn the principles of cycling in a group and cycling-specific cross training.
Past program participants include:
All program participants will receive:
- Certification to ride the Burnaby Velodrome
- Cycling BC Citizen Licence for club races
- Personalized instruction from certified coaches
- Information about dEVo – Escape Velocity’s Youth Development Team
15 to 25 years old
A 4-week program, running twice - weekly with 2 to 3 hour sessions. Aimed at providing an introduction to organized cycling and skills acquisition, focusing on young women.
Goals of the program
- Introduce young women to the sport of cycling
- Provide overview of basic sport concepts
- Introduction to training and basic skill acquisition required for participation in the sport
- Provide an avenue for intro to racing through joining a local club
Facilities-based, including a mixture of
- Velodrome sessions
- Group-riding skills
- Nutrition and core strength
4 week program, Monday and Wednesday evenings
6:00pm to 8:00pm
Start date: August 6th, 2011 at 5:30pm
Location: at the International Hostel at Jericho Park
$150 per rider
A facilities-based program
- Burnaby Velodrome
- Community Centres
- Local Vancouver roads
Other Program Details
Guest appearances by local female elite athletes to discuss U23 cycling.
For more information about this program or to register please contact
Lisa Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org