We are all about grassroots community racing! We host the Spring Series, the Tuesday Nighters and the Seymour Challenge.
The Seymour Challenge is our main fundraiser for our DEVO Youth Cycling program. This race is a hill climb that starts at the base of Mt. Seymour Road and climbs all the way to the top! It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
1. Participants must preregister (registration will close on Friday, August 12 at 5PM). Late entry requests will not be accepted.
2. Your entry includes a burger and a beverage up top (beer or pop).
3. PLEASE read the technical guide (see below).
4. The price is $65 per rider for adults; U19 and under are $20.
5. VOLUNTEERS are needed and very much appreciated. If you have a DEVO racing it would be great if you were to volunteer. (See sign up below-there are many different shifts to accommodate race schedules).
6. The registration area is right near the Parkgate Rec centre. Here is the schedule:
-8 AM Registration Opens
-10:00 AM First Wave: U15 Youth, U13 Youth, Age 65+
-10:10 AM Second Wave: CAT 1-4 Women, U19/U17 Youth Women, 35+ Women, 45+ Women, 55+ Women
-10:20 AM Third Wave: CAT 1-5 Men, U19/U17 Youth Men, 35+ Men, 45+ Men, 55+ Men
7. The finish area will be a lot of fun! We will have the finish line right in front of the patio and there will be a recovery zone with (with sponsors THE WORKSHOP CLINIC and BORN SPORTSCARE) and DJ too! BIG THANKS TO BRANDON CRICHTON AND MT. SEYMOUR!
ROLLER COASTER CRIT
JULY 26, 2022
Thanks to everyone who raced the Roller Coaster! What a wild ride it was...see you next year!
1. Participants must preregister (registration will close on Monday, July 25 at 11:59PM). Late entry requests will not be accepted.
2. The course is much more technical than Glenlyon or Richmond. All riders must have racing experience or LTR training.
3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the technical guide (see below).
4. The price is $40 per rider. This event is very expensive for us to host and we barely break even (to be totally honest...we may even lose money). If money is tight see a solution in #6 below. NOTE: This is NOT part of the WTNC Season Pass.
5. U19 and younger race for free.
6. VOLUNTEERS are needed and very much appreciated. If you sign up for a volunteer shift you can race for free. If you have a child racing it would be great if you were to volunteer. (see sign up below-there are many different shifts to accommodate race schedules).
7. Only racers are allowed in the Playland area (and that is during their race). There are loads of great spots to spectate outside of the Playland area. Note: if you are a photographer please email email@example.com for access.
8. You are gonna wanna book yourself out of work early on this day...see the schedule below!
Schedule/ Race Categories (all categories are limited 50 participants)
3:30PM Registration Opens
4:00PM OPEN COURSE FAMILIARIZATION
4:30: CAT 5 Men (@9 laps)
5:PM: CAT 4 Men (@9 laps)
5:30-6PM: CAT 4 Women (@9 laps)
6-6:30PM: kids race U15/U13 (@4 laps)
6:30-7:00: CAT 3 Men (@9 laps)
7:00-7:30: CAT 1,2,3 Women (@10 laps)
7:30-8:00 PM: CAT 1 & 2 Men (@10 laps)
8. Let's have some fun! We are working on food trucks and a DJ.
WORLD TUESDAY NIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS (WTNC) ARE BACK!
THANK-YOU to our community for coming out to our series this year!
Grassroots criterium races will run at Glenlyon & hopefully UBC on all Tuesday evenings from the dates of May 10 to July 12. The majority of races will be at Glenlyon. We are firming up the schedule at UBC. Please check back here for final locations. Dates are as follows:
May 10 - Glenlyon
May 17- Glenlyon
May 24 -Glenlyon
May 31 - Glenlyon
June 7 - UBC
June 14 - Glenlyon
June 21 -Glenlyon
June 28 -UBC
July 5 -Glenlyon
July 12 -Glenlyon
Check in will open at 5:30 and the races will begin as per the schedule below.
All riders must pre register. There will be no 'day of race' registration.
Price: $25 per race.
NOTE: All participants are required to have crit racing experience or they should have taken a Learn to Race clinic. It would be foolish to simply hop into one of the packs with no prior experience. Let's keep it safe out there!
Start Times, Approximate Duration, Categories (this is subject to change)
6:20 Wave 1, 25 mins, M5, W4, DEVO Youth
6:55 Wave 2, 30 mins, M4, W1/2/3
7:30 Wave 3, 35-45 mins, M1/2 Open, M3 Open
6:30 Wave 1, M5, W123, W4, DEVO Youth
7:00 Wave 2, M4, M3
7:30 Wave 3, M1/2
Races only run if conditions are dry enough. We will let all participants know by 2PM if we need to cancel otherwise assume it is 'a go'. If we need to cancel, registration will automatically be rolled over to the next week or we will accept refunds upon request.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE EGGcellent DAY!
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2022
Location: Aldergrove Regional Park, 685 Lefeuvre Road (ACCESS IS ALDERGROVE BOWL)
Race Director: Ryan Cousineau: 604 512 8863, firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ THE TECH GUIDE (BUTTON ABOVE) FOR ALL THE DETAILS.
If you raced with us in March please bring your timing chip and race number. New timing chips will cost $10.
THE RACE IS ON OPEN ROADS WITH CONTROLLED INTERSECTIONS.
YELLOW LINE RULE IS IN EFFECT AND WILL BE MONITORED CLOSELY FOR VIOLATIONS (THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANNOT CROSS OVER THE YELLOW LINE INTO THE OTHER LANE).
ALWAYS BE AWARE THAT VEHICULAR TRAFFIC, OR OTHER UNEXPECTED ROAD USERS WILL ALSO BE ON THE ROAD. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS AND GIVE OUR SPORT A GOOD REPUTATION SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO HOST RACES.
THERE IS NO POTABLE WATER ON SITE AT ALDERGROVE BOWL-PLEASE COME PREPARED WITH PROPER HYDRATION
Rider Distances/Times* (may be subject to change):
Each Loop is 6.8 km
CHECK IN OPENS AT 7:45.
Y 8:45AM: DEVO Youth Race (2.5 laps)
A 9:30 AM: CAT 1,2 men (16.5 laps)
M 9:33 AM: Masters A/B ages 35-55 (11.5 laps)
B 9:36 AM: CAT 3 Men, CAT 1,2 Women (11.5 laps)
C 12:00 PM: CAT 4 Men, CAT 3 Women (7.5 laps)
D 12:03 PM: CAT 5 Men, Cat 4 Women, Masters C/D ages 55+ (6.5 laps)
All riders off course by 2PM.
THERE WILL BE LOTS OF FUN PRIZES. PROCEEDS FROM OUR RACES GO TOWARDS DEVO Youth Cycling Development.
PRICE: $50 but youth racers are free! (If you are under 19 years old please send a note to email@example.com to receive a coupon)
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON APRIL 13 AT 11:59 PM.
THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION (NO EXCEPTIONS)
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU COME OUT!
Thanks to everyone who came out! See results by clicking the button above.
Warning issued to rider bib # 381 for jettison his rain jacket outside of the litter zones provided by the organiser. (2.2.025)
Rider bib # 420 was relegated in the last place in his group for deviating from the lane he selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others. (2.3.036)